Wednesday 30 September 2015

Japonesque Velvet Touch Eyeshadow Duo

Japonesque, velvet touch eyeshadow duo, makeup, beauty
Japonesque Velvet Touch Eyeshadow Duo*
When you're a blogger, youtuber, lover of makeup or whatever you wanna call yourself, you come across a lot of makeup brands. Japonesque is a name I've heard a lot but never had the opportunity to try.

Japonesque, velvet touch eyeshadow duo, makeup, beauty, packaging
How cute is this packaging though? I love the use of colours on their products, it makes them stand out in your makeup collection.

Japonesque, velvet touch eyeshadow duo, makeup, beauty, shade 05, shade 08
These eyeshadows retail at £18.
I got shades 5 and 8.

We all know how I feel about brands numbering their products instead of giving them names. 
If I had my own makeup line naming the products would be my favourite part after creating them.

Japonesque, velvet touch eyeshadow duo, makeup, beauty, shade 05, shade 08, metallic navy, metallic gold, matte brown, matte taupe
Left - Shade 8 (metallic gold and matte brown)
Right - Shade 5 (metallic navy and matte taupe)

I have a criteria checklist when buying makeup, which you probably have noticed when I blog about products. But having criteria is importation, or am I being anal? Either way here it is:

1. Texture - We all want soft and silky eyeshadows with minimal fallout. Nobody wants chalky makeup, that applies clumpy. I love how these apply.
 2. Pigmentation - As a woman of colour I am forever on the hunt for highly pigmented eyeshadows, that are legitimately for all skin tones, I need a shadow with a great colour pay off. For a first time use I was very impressed with how well these colours showed up on my skin.
3. Blendability - I know that is not a word but we all know what I mean. For that flawless finish you need shadows that blend well on their own and with other colours/formations. These shades blend really nicely.


 Japonesque, velvet touch eyeshadow duo, makeup, beauty, shade 05, shade 08, metallic navy, metallic gold, matte brown, matte taupe, EOTD, Brown beauty, eye makeup,Japonesque, velvet touch eyeshadow duo, makeup, beauty, shade 05, shade 08, metallic navy, metallic gold, matte brown, matte taupe, EOTD, Brown beauty, eye makeup, MOTD, Full face,
My freckles were on form.
I did a makeup look using all 4 shadows in this look. I used the gold across the lid, the brown through the crease and outer corner, the blue on the lower lash line and the taupe as the brow bone and inner corner highlight.

I want to see what else Japonesque has to offer.

Sonya xoxo
Follow Me :)
*all products mentioned were purchased by me with my own money except where marked with an asterisk (*) or stated, everything is my own view and I have not been paid to do this post*

No comments:

Post a Comment