Saturday 30 May 2015

MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation and Fix+


MAC Cosmetics, Studio Sculpt, NC50, foundation, Fix+, setting spray, prep + prime, black women, dark skin,
When I went to get my Back 2 Mac lipsticks I was also on a mission to get a new foundation. 

For the longest time I used MAC Studio Fix Fluid, but that was not the right foundation for my skin type and I always found it to be too heavy. I knew I needed to change it but it was sheer laziness, me not doing my makeup as much, wanting to use up what I'd paid for and the fact that I don't live close to a MAC store that stopped me from updating this any sooner. Yeah excuses excuses, but I finally did it. After doing some research I knew what I wanted to try next, Studio Sculpt. I've only ever heard good things about this foundation and the concealer everyone was obsessed with before it was discontinued.

BTW: Never keep using a product just because you've paid for it. If it doesn't work get rid f it, sell it on or give it to family or friends who can benefit from it. Doing this is also a good way to have a clear out of your makeup.

MAC Cosmetics, Studio Sculpt, NC50, black women, dark skin, foundation
Studio Sculpt Foundation (NC50) - £25
Studio sculpt is a creamy gel based foundation that offers medium to full coverage. 
I chose this foundation because it was supposed to be hydrating and that is exactly what I needed for my skin. I love that it has a satin finish too, I'm really happy how with my skin looks after application.

MAC Cosmetics, Fix+, setting spray, prep + prime
Prep and Prime Fix+ - £15.50
Prep and Prime Fix+ is a mineral rich finishing mist.
This has been a firm part of my makeup routine for the longest time now, I use it as a setting spray. Although you can use it prior to doing your makeup to create an even surface for application. I also like that they changed the bottle to a frosted finish.

MAC Cosmetics, Studio Sculpt, NC50, Fix+, black women, dark skin,
Here I am wearing the foundation.
The eye makeup I'm wearing is from my Rimmel Gothic look you can see that here.

What are your favourite foundations from MAC? Or what foundations from other brands do your recommend for someone with dry skin?
Sonya xoxo
Follow Me :)
*all products mentioned were purchased by me with my own money except where marked with an asterisk (*) or stated, everything is my own view and I have not been paid to do this post*

No comments:

Post a Comment