Monday 18 May 2015

BACK 2 MAC Lipstick Haul

MAC, MAC Cosmetics, Lipstick Haul, Back 2 MAC,
For those of you who do not know this, if you return 6 empties to a MAC counter or online you get a free lipstick. I think that is pretty frickin sweet considering that their lipsticks retail at £15.50.

So I headed to MAC in Stratford Westfield, with my empties in tow. I had such a lovely girl at MAC (and I wish I could remember her name) helping me choose the my lipsticks. If you've been to a MAC store or counter you know how daunting it can be as they have a vast selection of colours/finishes. I kind of had an idea of what I wanted before I went in, it was just finding the perfect shades for me.


MAC, MAC Cosmetics, Lipstick Haul, Back 2 MAC, Flat Out Fabulous, Ruby Woo, Touch,

MAC, MAC Cosmetics, Lipstick Haul, Back 2 MAC, Flat Out Fabulous, Ruby Woo, Touch,
Touch, Flat Out Fabulous and Ruby Woo

MAC, MAC Cosmetics, Lipstick Haul, Back 2 MAC, Ruby Woo,MAC, MAC Cosmetics, Lipstick Haul, Back 2 MAC, Ruby Woo, swatch, black girl
Ruby Woo (Retro Matte) 
If you are a MAC lover you know about their very poplar blue toned matte red lipstick.

9/10 when I see someone wearing a red lippy it turns out to be RW. Every girl should have the perfect red in their make up arsenal and this is it, everyone can rock this lipstick. You may laugh when I say this but when I applied it I was like "WOAH!", I know, I know it's just a lipstick but it made my makeup just pop. I became very narcissistic and kept checking myself out in the mirror. 


MAC, MAC Cosmetics, Lipstick Haul, Back 2 MAC,Touch,MAC, MAC Cosmetics, Lipstick Haul, Back 2 MAC, Touch, swatch, black girl
Touch (Lustre) - a peachy cinnamon. 
I like Lustre finishes because they are creamy and moisturising. But their longevity is lacking unlike the mattes, but I don't mind having to re-apply. It's the perfect nude for me, but for it to pop a bit more I'd defo have to pair it with a brown lip liner like Chestnut. That just gives me another excuse to go to MAC (not that I need one).

MAC, MAC Cosmetics, Lipstick Haul, Back 2 MAC, Flat Out FabulousMAC, MAC Cosmetics, Lipstick Haul, Back 2 MAC, Flat Out Fabulous, swatch, black girl
Flat Out Fabulous (Retro Matte) - a bright cool toned plumb. 
Me and the MAC girl both swooned when I tried this on, as much as I love Ruby Woo this shade is my favourite of the 3, it's so bright and probably gonna be my go to shade for summer. Matte lipsticks are not forgiving on dry lips, so always be sure to have well exfoliated and mositurised lips.

What are your favourite lipsticks from MAC? I welcome recommendations.
Sonya xoxo
Follow Me :)
*all products mentioned were purchased by me with my own money except where marked with an asterisk (*) or stated, everything is my own view and I have not been paid to do this post*

No comments:

Post a Comment