Monday 23 March 2015

NAILS | Nails Inc - Alexa Chung

Hey guys and dolls,


Nails Inc is one of those brands that everybody knows and loves, they have an array of colours and effects available. They also do products to treat the nails. 

To mark their 15th birthday last year, Nails Inc announced a collaboration with Fashion icon Alexa Chung and a major re-brand, debuting a new bottle designed by Fabien Baron. Not only was Alexa signed as the new face of Nails Inc, they teamed up to create a collection inspired by fabrics.

I can't tell you how excited I was when I finally got my mitts on these beauties. 

Nails Inc

Shades available:


Alexa Lace
Alexa Cashmere
Alexa Silk
Alexa Leather
Alexa Camo
Alexa Sequin
The range is limited edition and the polishes retail at £15.

I was lucky enough to get to try 4 polishes from the collection. 

Alexa Camo Alexa Sequin
Alexa Camo - Camo is a blend of green and nude metallic and matte particles, that create the camouflage effect. Camo is my favourite of the 4, I remember seeing the press release and was absolutely gagging for this. I went to an event and had a manicure with Nails Inc, they used this on top of Bruton Mews, I was obsessed with that manicure, you can see that here

Alexa Sequin - When I first saw this I was like, this looks like a party dress in a bottle.  fine matte black particles are the base for bold gold metallic glitter, that gives the effect of a sequin dress. You could apply this until the base becomes opaque, but I like applying it over a black polish.


Alexa LeatherAlexa Lace
Alexa Leather - This isn't a new polish but Alexa is a huge fan, so Nails Inc dedicated it to her. The polish uses cutting-edge technology, when it dries it has a matte leather texture. I didn't think the effect would be that noticeable but when I put it on and it dried, I was very impressed. Leather is very edgy and chic.

Alexa Lace - This polish is supposed to replicate the delicate lace pattern on the nails. This polish has to be my least favourite out of the 4. It does say to try it over a nude polish, maybe that's why it didn't show up as well as it could have.

Nails Inc swatchesNails Inc Alexa  Chung Fabric Collection Swatches

WARNING: The camo, sequin and lace polishes are quite difficult to get off. Try soaking your fingers in a cotton ball drenched in remover unless you have the express nail polish remover.

Re-Brand


Alexa Chung Fabric Collection

Let's talk about the new bottle.  It has a unique concave profile glass bottle and metal cap/applicator. The new bottles hold 40% more product than the old design, result.

Nails Inc Bottle
The metal lid comes away for an easier application.
I personally love the new look. The font, the website, the bottle and the packaging are more sleek and sophisticated, it has more of a luxurious feel now.

What are your thoughts on the Nails Inc re-brand and the collaboration with Alexa?
Sonya xoxo
Follow Me :)
*all products mentioned were purchased by me with my own money except where marked with an asterisk (*) or stated, everything is my own view and I have not been paid to do this post*

No comments:

Post a Comment