Monday 18 August 2014

BEAUTY | Summer Ready Feet

Hey guys and dolls,

One of my biggest pet peeves is women (and men) who wear sandals, flip flops or open toe shoes with busted feet. With all the different products available on the market there is no excuse to neglect your feet.

This is hilarious and had to post it alongside this post as it was very fitting.

We have had a typical British summer, rain, sun, humidity, thunder and lightning, rain, humidity and more rain. But on the days it is sunny and you wanna get them tootsies out, here is what you should do to have them looking pristine.

We always take care of the skin on our faces, so why not put as much effort into taking care of the skin on your feet. Our face and feet IMO take a bit of a battering on a daily basis. Whether it’s from the environment, high heels, exercise, ill fitted shoes, general wear and tear or a bit of extra timbre.

These are things you should keep up with even during the colder months. Who doesn’t want summer ready feet all year round? You’ll never know when you’ll be in a situation where you have to remove your shoes and or socks. 


So here is what you will need:
Nail clippers/file – I clip my toe nails and then file them into the desired shape.
Foot Buffer – I use a micro pedi. It’s a bit pricey especially as you have to replace the buffer head. If you don’t have one handy you can just use a foot file.
Foot Spa - I use a Remington FootSpa, but if you don’t have one of those a basin with warm or hot water and your favourite foot soak will suffice. The foot soak I use is from a brand called Skintruth. I soak my feet or 5-10 mins] depends how on long I wanna massage my feet.


Foot Scrub – My fave scrub of the moment is the Avon Planet Spa Perfectly Purifying scrub. As the skin has been softened in the water it makes getting rid of any left over dead skin easier.
Foot mask (they’re not just for the face) – I love putting a foot mask on my feet, helps make them soft too. It’s a lovely little luxury to add to the routine. I use the Skintruth foot mask.
Foot cream – You can’t forget to moisturise. My favourite all over body moisturiser is the Vaseline Cocoa Radiant Body Butter. This is one of the best I've used in a long time, and keeps my super dry skin hydrated.


Nice bright nail polish – Can’t go wrong with white nail polish in summer but something with a bit more colour would be great too. You should always use a base/top coat on the toes too. 


Hope you guys have found this post useful. If you have any recommendations for some other foot products to try please leave them below. 

Sonya xoxo
Follow Me :)
*all products mentioned were purchased by me with my own money except where marked with an asterisk (*) or stated, everything is my own view and I have not been paid to do this post*

No comments:

Post a Comment