Monday 11 May 2015

Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette + Primer Potion

Urban Decay, Naked 3 palette, primer potion,

Urban Decay cherry popped. 

I finally joined the long list of Bloggers, Youtubers and Beauty/Makeup lovers out there, who are obsessed with the Naked palettes from Urban Decay, by purchasing the Naked 3 palette. My first purchase from Urban Decay has been a good one indeed. 

The palette is full of Rose-hued neutrals, and they are absolutely gorgeous. It has a range of finishes from mattes, pearls and metallics. Along with the palette I also purchased the longtime beauty fave, Primer Potion.

Urban Decay, Naked 3 palette,
The packaging is a Rose Gold tin case, that reminds me of one of those pencil cases that I had back at school. But I like that because it's more sturdy. So I'd feel confident travelling with this knowing that my makeup is protected.


Urban Decay, Naked 3 palette, crease and shadow brush, primer potion
The palette comes with a shadow and crease brush and samples from their primer potion range:
Original
Eden
Sin
Anti-aging

Urban Decay, Primer Potion,Original, Eden, Sin, Anti-aging
Each sample holds about a week's worth of product.

Urban Decay eyeshadow brush
Crease brush

Urban Decay eyeshadow brush
Shadow brush


I was impressed with the brush it came with, because usually palettes come with disposable sponge applicators that are no use to anyone. But it applies and blends the shadows well.

This is my new fave eye primer. It's lightweight and doesn't leave my lids all ashy and white like some primers do, it dries invisible. I have only used it with the Naked palette but I really like this primer, I haven't used anything else since I opened it.


Urban Decay, Naked 3 palette,
This palette would be great for your makeup bag, I know it is a little big but worth the space especially because it comes with a pretty decent mirror and the double ended makeup brush. 


Urban Decay, Naked 3 palette,
The versatility of this palette is awesome, especially with the selection of finishes it comes with. I would take this away with me on holiday or a weekend away and know that I create a variety of looks.

The eyeshadows can take you from day to night. You can create a soft natural day look and then switch it up to a dark sultry smoky eye for the evening. 

I wasn't sure how these colours would translate onto my skin tone because of how pink they are but I was really happy that all of the colours are wearable, especially at the lighter end of the spectrum. Urban Decay did good with this one.

Urban Decay, Naked 3 palette,
L-R:  Strange, Dust, Burnout, Limit, Buzz, Trick 

Urban Decay, Naked 3 palette, swatches
B-T: 
Strangepale neutral pink (matte-satin)
Dustpale  pink shimmer with iridescent micro-glitter (metallic)
Burnoutlight pinky-peach (satin)
Limit light dusty rose (matte)
Buzzrose shimmer with silver micro-glitter (metallic)
Trick light pinky-copper shimmer with tonal micro-sparkle (metallic)

Urban Decay, Naked 3 palette,
L-R: Nooner, Liar, Factory, Mugshot, Darkside, Blackheart

Urban Decay, Naked 3 palette, swatches
T-B:
Noonermedium pinky-brown (matte)
Liar - medium mauve shimmer (metallic)
Factory pinky-brown (satin)
Mugshottaupe shimmer with slight pink shift (metallic)
Darksidedeep taupe-mauve (satin)
Blackheart - smoky black with rosy red micro-sparkle (matte)


Urban Decay, Naked 3 palette, eyeshadow makeup,Urban Decay, Naked 3 palette, makeup look, FOTD, EOTD

To see what the quality of the shadows was after swatching I did a quick EOTD, and the colour pay off is pretty darn good.

For the eyes, I used Buzz on the lid, Blackheart on the outer corner and slightly through the crease. On the lower lashline I used Darkside. For the inner corner highlight I used Strange and for the brow bone I applied Limit. 

My favourite shadows from the palette are Buzz, Factory, Mugshot and Darkside. They're my go to shadows for everyday makeup.


What have you tried from Urban Decay? And what would you recommend?

Sonya xoxo
Follow Me :)
*all products mentioned were purchased by me with my own money except where marked with an asterisk (*) or stated, everything is my own view and I have not been paid to do this post*

No comments:

Post a Comment