Monday 31 March 2014

Makeup Monday: Sleek Makeup Haul


Hey guys and dolls,


It's been a hot minute since I last purchased from Sleek. There was a time when I was buying from them practically every week.


I decided to have a peruse on the website and see what new bits they had to offer. On the home page they were advertising their new GARDEN OF EDEN palette. I went in to have a closer look and liked what I saw. 

I've always loved Sleek i-Divine eyeshadow palettes, I have so many that I've lost count.


GARDEN OF EDEN

I loved the description of the palette on the website:

"Enhance what mother nature gave you with the striking, beautiful colours of our new Garden of Eden i-Divine palette. An earthy, nature inspired palette that echoes the hues of a stunning tropical jungle with ultra-wearable earthy browns, dusky purples and organic greens."

 £7.99
Top Row: Gates of Eden, Eve's Kiss, Paradise on Earth, Python, Forbidden, Flora
Bottom Row: Entwined, Adam's Apple. Fig, Evergreen, Fauna, Tree of Life

  Gates of Eden, Eve's Kiss, Paradise on Earth, Python, Forbidden, Flora
I think the top row of shades blend in well with my skin tone. I look forward to creating some natural day time looks and neutral smokey eyes.

 Entwined, Adam's Apple. Fig, Evergreen, Fauna, Tree of Life
I'm a huge fan of bright colours. And as the weather warms up I am gonna be rocking some bright looks.

MATTE ME
I love a matte lip, sometimes you don't always want a high gloss or lustre finish. And these lip creams are right up my alley. Matte lips have been my go to for a little while now.
I remember seeing Richie Nickel talking about these on his YT channel a few months back and I really wanted to try them out. So when I got the palette I decided to finally pick them up. At first I ordered Rioja Red and Fandango Purple. I loved them so much that I headed to my local Superdrug and picked up Bright Pink.


As much as I love theses lip products I find them to be very drying on the lips. So definitely make sure to have smooth lips before application. Also use of a lip balm or primer as a base would be a good idea.

These last super long, I went out to diner wearing Rioja Red and only had to slightly touch up my lips once. The staying power of these is really good. Just make sure you have a decent make up remover.

 Bright Pink - £4.99
I find this one applies a little patchy. So I just use a lip liner underneath.

 Rioja Red - £4.99

 Fandango Purple - £4.99

Sleek is available online on their official website and Boots online. They are also available on the Superdrug website and in store.

I did a make up look using the new palette that will be up on the blog soon.
Sonya xoxo
Follow Me :)
*all products mentioned were purchased by me with my own money except where marked with an asterisk (*), everything is my own view and I have not been paid to do this post*

No comments:

Post a Comment