Wednesday 15 December 2010

INGLOT Haul and Review


Hi guys,

Again I am so so sorry for not posting any make up blogs, been very busy with college work.

So finally, as you can tell from the title I am now going to do my review of the Inglot stuff I bought like 2 months ago haha.

So on the 18th November me and some of the girls went to the Inglot store in Westfields in Shepherd's Bush. They were holding a student discount day specifically for my college, we were getting 20% off.

So when me and my friend got to the store it had been closed off to the public and only us students were allowed in, and they welcomed us at the door and had drinks laid out, I felt very VIP haha, especially when people walked by and were looking like "Oh whats going in there?".

All the palettes I got were from the freedom system. That consists of types of different palettes, you can see the palettes I'm talking about here. I got the 10 , 5 and 4 space palette.

So when you start choosing your make up you get this magnetic board, you then take and go round and the freedom system collection of make up which consists of eyeshadow, contour powder, bronzer, concealer, foundation and lipstick. When you see an item you want you pick it up and stick them on the palette. Once you've sorted through all the makeup...which was quite daunting because there was so much make up, the store assistants will sort your stuff into your palettes and put them together for you. They are so nice and helpful in there and very accommodating and they offer so much information.

As I walked in there I was like a kid in a candy store, I was really giddy walking around the shop haha. I love Inglot the brand is absolutely amazing. I think they may take the place of MAC as my favourite high end brand.

Eyeshadow palette - £35

Top left to right: #379, 418, 491, 60,30
Bottom left to right: #70, 415, 50, 55, 10

Swatches
These eye shadows are sublime, they are so pigmented and they blend so well. They are definitely worth the money paid for them. I basically paid £3.50 per eyeshadow, I think that's pretty bloody brilliant, for such high quality products. :o)

Lipstick - £15

Left to right: #34, 58, 03, 02, 89


Swatches

Just like they eye shadows, these lipsticks are very pigmented and I find quite nourishing on the lips. I have found with some lipsticks they can be quite drying on the lips, but I haven't had this problem with these. And they last a long time too. :o)

Blush - £26

Left to right: #40, 38, 27, 29

Swatches - the blushes back to front: #29, 27, 38, 40
Matte Black gel eyeliner - £8

I don't know who designed this eyeliner but oh my word, this stuff does not budge, it is the best gel eyeliner I have used in a long time, I'd say its even better than the Bobbi Brown and MAC gel liners. Normal eye make up remover wont do the trick when it comes to removing this unless it is oil based, otherwise you will be scrubbing at your eyes FOREVER probably until they are a bit sore. I found the best product to remove it with is Johnson's baby oil.

#77

Soft precision pencil eyeliner - £6
This is your standard kohl eye pencil, its very good and glides on nicely. Its really good for creating a 1920s smoky eye look, or just lining the eyes.

#20
Fluffy blending brush - £13

Great quality brushes, for a really good price and its so soft. Great for blending (obviously lol) and placing colour all over the lid.

#6SS

Under eye brush - £8

Again good quality brush for a decent price and very soft. This brush is for getting right underneath the eye especially when trying to apply shadow to under the lower lash line.

#13P

And last but by no means last...

DUO adhesive - £7

An old reliable when it comes to applying lashes, strip or individual.

I have only two complaints Inglot and its not even about the products its about the brand. Inglot products don't have names, they just have letters and numbers, which kinda sucks. I hate that, I like the names brands come of with for their items. Another thing is that you cant order online, and that's a bit of a pain in the butt because I have to travel like an hour and a half to get to Inglot :(

All of these products cost me £94.90 half of my budget, so my mum and credit card were very happy that day lol.

Hope you enjoyed this blog post :0) sorry for all the rambling haha

xxxxx

*all products mentioned were purchased by me with my own money, everything is my own view and I have not been paid to do this post*

2 comments:

  1. Their prodcuts look amazing. I dont really get to go Westfield, cos its too far out of the way, but I must check out Inglot next time I go. I hadnt heard much about their products but quite a bit about their nail polishes, but these look like they are worth the money.

    Do they offer a student discount all the time? You must of felt like a total rockstar with the shop all closed off like that haha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it was quite fun being the only ones allowed in store :)

    And if you are a Make up student you get a 15% discount :) x

    ReplyDelete